- Summary of the project or event (500 to 600 words max.)
- Detailed budget
- Statement of need—because CAHI often receives many more applications than we can fund in full, we ask that you briefly discuss whether or how receiving a smaller amount than requested may impact your event.
- List of speakers/artists/performers invited
- Chair’s letter of support or completion of the “Chair’s approval form”
- Evidence of other funding obtained or requested
Grants may be awarded for up to $10,000.
CAHI will not provide financial support for professional association conferences (unless funds are requested to invite specific guest speakers), hospitality expenses, or honoraria for IU faculty. If other internal or external funding is received for the same project, CAHI requires notification, and reserves the right to adjust or reassign awards in light of this information. Expenditures must follow all university and College policies.
In addition to tenured and tenure-track faculty, CAHI also accepts Workshop + Symposia applications from Center directors and directors of arts and humanities facilities (IU Cinema, Art Museum, Grunwald Gallery, etc.) at IU Bloomington. Those applicants would need to (1) explain how the proposed event supports faculty research or creative activity in the arts and humanities; (2) document College faculty involvement in the planning and execution of the proposed event; and (3) include a detailed letter of support from a tenure-track faculty member in the College involved in the event.
Apply for the grant Upload a letter of recommendation Chair’s approval form