Conference travel awards for Spring 2020 are intended for travel after March 15. (Notifications are expected by that date.)
Students must be enrolled in the College of Arts + Sciences at Indiana University Bloomington in order to apply for and receive award funding.
Applications should include the following materials:
- 1-page cover letter outlining the significance of the conference in relation to the student’s work
- Curriculum vitae
- Brief abstract of the paper to be given (no more than 200 words)
- Documentation that the student has had a paper accepted for the conference
- Letter of support from a faculty advisor or the departmental DGS outlining the student’s progress toward the degree and the significance of the conference in relation to the student’s work
- Documentation that there are no outstanding charges (zero balance) on student’s bursar account
If other internal or external funding is received for the same project, CAHI requires notification, and reserves the right to adjust or reassign awards in light of this information. Awards cannot be given retroactively for conferences already attended before the date of award notification. Funding will come in the form of a fellowship that will be processed through SIS and credited to the recipient’s bursar account.