Research travel awards for Spring 2020 are intended for travel after March 15. (Notifications are expected by that date.)
Students must be enrolled in the College of Arts + Sciences at Indiana University Bloomington in order to apply for and receive award funding.
Applications should include the following materials:
- 1-page cover letter outlining the research to be done and the necessity of the travel
- Curriculum vitae
- Brief abstract of the dissertation or thesis project (no more than 200 words)
- Budget outlining expected costs
- Letter of support from a faculty advisor, outlining the student’s progress toward the degree and the significance of the research trip in relation to the student’s work
- Documentation that there are no outstanding charges (zero balance) on student’s bursar account
If other internal or external funding is received for the same project, CAHI requires notification, and reserves the right to adjust or reassign awards in light of this information. Awards cannot be given retroactively for travel occurring before the date of award notification. Funding will come in the form of a fellowship that will be processed through SIS and credited to the recipient’s bursar account.
Apply for the award Upload a letter of recommendation